Thermography SurveysThermography - a picture paints a thousand words
What is a thermography survey?
A thermographic survey – internal or external – is a completely non-invasive, quick and cost effective way of helping you understand your building and specifically its thermal efficiency. It can reveal a wide range of issues, invisible to the naked eye, affecting this efficiency and costing you money.
The survey is carried out by a certified thermographer with a thermal camera using infrared radiation to create digital images displaying relative increases or decreases in temperature within materials.
The survey report details a building’s thermal efficiency, identifies problems and makes recommendations on how to improve performance and reduce costs.
What can it be used for?
A thermographic survey has numerous applications in both the commercial and residential sectors. It can be used to identify:
- Heat loss in order to improve energy efficiency
- Water leaks or moisture ingress
- Structural defects
- Rising damp, cold bridging and condensation
- Faults with wiring and other electrical components
- Faults in mechanical components, including overheating
- Problems with brickwork or water ingress in roofing
- Overall performance and leaks in under floor heating pipes
- Air leakage and air infiltration.
- Problems with glazing, doors and seals.
- Success of energy efficiency improvements
A thermographic survey can also be useful in conflict resolution – providing evidence for an Expert Witness Report
As certified thermographers we offer the following services:
- Commercial building surveys
- Residential building surveys
- Flat roof surveys
- Air tightness/air testing
- Stock surveys
- Damp Surveys
- Condensation surveys
- Mould surveys
- Underfloor heating issues and position
- Heat loss surveys
- Structural investigations
- Cavity wall insulation inspections
- Render surveys
- Expert Witness Reports
For further information on all our thermographic services contact Richard Bedford on 01206 751284