Building SurveysHigh Quality, Cost Effective Building Surveys
Investing in commercial or residential property is one of the biggest capital outlays you make, either as an individual or organisation.
A building survey enables you to make an informed decision about a property. Essential prior to purchase, it can establish a property’s suitability for it’s intended use, the extent of any potential liabilities and any future costs that might arise.
Each building survey is individually tailored to a client’s specific purpose and objectives. For example, you may be a tenant looking to establish the extent of any potential liabilities under a full repairing and insuring lease or an investor looking to identify issues affecting the investment value of the property. Perhaps you intend to alter or adapt a property to a different use or layout and want to know what the implications may be.
In addition to identifying building defects, our building surveys will also advise on whether a property complies with all statutory regulations, together with advice on planning, and any legal or environmental issues that may affect the property.
Need a speedy response to avoid delaying a property transaction? We can mobilise rapidly to ensure properties are inspected quickly with a fast turnaround of reports.
Where necessary we will also source and manage specialists such as mechanical and electrical engineers, structural engineers or environmental consultants to provide expert advice on matters beyond our own expertise as building surveyors.
As members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors you can be assured of a high quality, cost-effective survey that meets RICS standards
Whether you are a prospective purchaser, investor or occupier, a building survey will:
- provide an understanding of the condition and design of the property
- establish the suitability of the property for its intended use
- give an understanding of likely future costs and liabilities
- provide a level of protection for institutional investors or lenders
- act as a basis for negotiation with landlords or vendors
We carry out out the following building surveys:
- Building Surveys of Commercial Property
- Full Building Surveys or “Structural Surveys” of Residential Property
- Condition Surveys
- Vendor Surveys
- Technical Due Diligence Surveys