WOODSIDE CHILDREN’S CENTRE, LONDON N22
Project: Statutory Compliance Survey
Client: London Borough of Haringey
Services provided: Statutory Compliance Survey
Contract value: Undisclosed
The Daniel Connal Partnership was appointed by the London Borough of Haringey to carry out a Statutory Compliance Survey to Woodside Children’s Centre. The survey provided:
- · Comprehensive condition information about the Centre
- · Detailed inspection and reporting on catering equipment
- · Detailed inspection and reporting of Mechanical & Electrical items
- · Review of existing Asbestos Report
- · Fire Risk Assessment
- · Recommendations for remedial works
- · Detailed cost plans
The building dates from about 2005 and was constructed to replace a previous Children’s Centre that occupied the site. It is a purpose-built structure which is predominantly timber frame.
Daniel Connal Partnership identified any statutory deficiencies and highlighted immediate areas of concern. As the Children’s Centre is less than 20 years old compliance issues were limited.
The Borough will use the completed survey as an information source to address areas of concern and move their improvement strategy forward as part of their overall vision for a ‘Stronger Haringey.’