PROJECT: ST LAWRENCE NEWLAND CHURCH
Project: Construction of a New Annexe
Client: St Lawrence Church PCC
Services provided: Contract Administration, Quantity Surveying, CDM Serivces
Contract value: £158k
The grade II listed church of St. Lawrence Newland was built in 1878. It is the third structure to have existed on this commanding site overlooking the River Blackwater and incorporates elements of the 14th century building that stood there previously.
The client wanted a sympathetically designed extension to the church, to provide an additional facilities for use by the congregation and also the local community.
Daniel Connal Partnership were appointed as contract administrators, quantity surveyors and provided CDM services on this church extension project.
Designed by Tim Venn Architects, the resulting extension provided a useful meeting/social space, an accessible WC and a kitchenette, together with an access ramp to the church. The contractor on the scheme was Bakers of Danbury.
We are delighted that the project has won two awards:
Maldon District Design & Conservation Awards 2016 – Building Conservation Highly Commended.
Diocese of Chelmsford Design Awards 2017 – Commended.