Mediation provides parties involved in a construction dispute with an opportunity to resolve their differences with the assistance of an expert facilitator (the mediator)
The third party mediator manages the negotiation process, assisting the parties to achieve satisfactory resolution of their dispute.
- It is an informal process which can be initiated at any time agreed between the parties
- It is confidential and allows commercial relationships to be maintained during and after the dispute
- Mediators can explore potential solutions in strict privacy with each party
- Solutions can incorporate wider matters of interest to one or both parties that would not be relevant in a legal process
- It is comparatively inexpensive and usually takes the form of a meeting lasting one day
- There is a high rate of settlement
- There is no imposed decision, the outcome of a mediation is in the parties’ hands.
For further information on dispute resolution by mediation contact:
Bob Juniper – 01206 751284
Robert Dale – 01603 629421