Providing practical, user-friendly Health & Safety advice under CDM 2015 legislation
CDM 2015 came into force on 6 October 2015 and applies to all building and construction projects, regardless of the size, duration and nature of the work.
The aim of CDM 2015 is to make Health & Safety an essential and integral part of the design, planning and management of any project and to identify, eliminate or control as far as is practical, risk to the health and safety of any person working on the construction, affected by it or who will use or maintain the structure once completed.
The principal features of CDM 2015 include:
- The introduction of a Principal Designer in place of a CDM Coordinator
- Strengthening of Client duties;
- Introduction of Domestic Clients;
- Principal Designer and Principal Contractor required on all projects where there is more than one contractor working on the project;
- Replacement of explicit requirement for duty holder competence with the need for appropriate Information, Instruction, Training & Supervision;
- Change to the HSE’s Notification level .
Change can be confusing so we have come up with the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions – to help you get a better understanding of the regulations.
Daniel Connal Partnership has worked on projects ranging from minor refurbishments through to major construction projects within the retail, health, education, historic building and civil engineering sectors. We have managed the health and safety on over 2,000 projects ranging in value from £30,000 to over £10 million in locations across the UK
With our extensive design and health & safety experience and expertise we are ideally placed to both meet the challenges of these roles and provide expert advice to those undertaking them for themselves.
CDM 2015 Advisor
- CDM 2015 Client Advisor – helping them to fulfil their duties
- Principal Designer
- CDM 2015 Advisor to Principal Designer
- CDM 2015 Advisor to Contractors
- CDM 2015 Training
For further information and advice on all our CDM 2015 services please contact:
Jon Rensink, Health & Safety Advisor – 01206 751284
Damon Larter – 01603 629421
John Read – 01603 629421
Simon Jacklin – 0207 375 2535
Jason Froude – 0207 375 2535