Dilapidations is a term used when referring to the condition of a property during the term of the tenancy or when the lease ends. It means the same as disrepair and is tied in with the repairing and decoration obligations in the lease agreement.
How we can help you:
1. Advice on likely dilapidations liability prior to entering into a Full Repairing and Insuring Lease including preparation of schedule of condition if necessary.
2. Assessment of dilapidations liability either during the term or at lease expiry.
3. Advice and tactics on limiting the extent of any potential claim
4. Negotiating scope of works or financial settlement.
5. Arranging for repair and redecoration works to be carried to comply with the terms of the lease.
6. Advice on Break Clauses
1. Early advice on identifying clients objectives to prepare an effective dilapidations strategy to achieve the best outcome
2. Preparation of accurate claims (either during the lease term or at expiry) taking into account all valid breaches of disrepair and alterations to the property that will be able to stand up to legal scrutiny. This will reduce the time it takes to agree a claim for damages
3. Negotiation of financial settlement in a timely manner
4. Monitoring tenant’s works
5. Advice on Break Clauses